Helpful tips on how to apply for government funding and aged care.
There are a variety of government programs through which you may be able to receive funding for your care. We understand this process can be very daunting. To help you understand what this process may mean for you, below is the simple 6 steps you will need to take.
You can contact us at any stage of process and our friendly team will happily walk you through and guide you on each step of the way.
If you haven’t started exploring subsidised care OR are still in the process of getting your aged care assessment it is still possible to provide care for you now while you wait. Speak with us to find out how we can help you.
ACAT Assessment Process
Call our friendly team on 1300 853 146 to support you through the process:
- Register with My Aged Care Call 1800 200 422 or visit https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/. They will register your details and refer you to your local Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
- Arrange an income assessment by the Department of Human Services (DHS). This is a separate assessment to determine if you’re eligible for government assistance with your aged care costs.
- Arrange your ACAT Assessment soon after you have registered with My Aged Care, you will be contacted by your local ACAT to arrange an assessment in your own home or hospital (if you have been admitted). This will be to determine your aged care needs and recommend services that will suit your needs best.
- Receive your ACAT Assessment outcome. You will be contacted via letter to outline the type of care you have been approved to receive. This may be for Residential Aged Care, Home Care Package (HCP) or the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
- Confirmation you are on the wait-list. Depending on what funding you are eligible for, you may need to wait some time before you can receive the funding. If you require urgent care, you can still receive the care you need immediately from RSL LifeCare through either Private Services, or CHSP
- Choose RSL LifeCare as your Provider or Choice and start receiving the care you need today.
Home Support Services and Aged Care
That assist you with remaining at home, keeping you connected to your local community or finding a aged care home to take care of you. Below are the difference services you may be eligible to receive funding for.
Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
- Government-funded program
- Low-level needs
- Short-term support after hospital discharge or injury
- Good solution while you wait for your Home Care Package (HCP)
- Government-funded program
- 4 levels of funding based on your needs
- Long term packages available
- Wide range of services for people needing all levels of support
Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
Veterans Home Care
- VHC Government-funding available
Community Nursing Program
- No cost associated if you are eligible
Residential Aged Care Home
If your assessment shows you need residential aged care, you can find out more about our Aged Care Homes across NSW and ACT here.
Or contact our friendly team to arrange a visit.Read more
Do you need urgent care today?
Contact us to discuss our Private Home Care Services
If you are not eligible for government funding we can still provide all in home care services to you as a private client. To find out more information, including pricing please email or call us on 1300 853 146.
We’ll help you understand your options.
We can help you talk through your situation and advise on what your best options would be.
The advice is free and we will always put your needs first.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise