Graduate Nurse Program
Our Graduate Nurse Program supports graduates to transition from study to becoming confident practitioners. Our 12 month program offers 360-degree support, and creates a community for learning and career development. Specialised interactive workshops will be held offsite during the program to help develop and embed knowledge and capability.
Graduates will be immersed in a comprehensive 12-month graduate nurse program which offers clinical, personal and professional development.
Specialised interactive workshops will be held offsite during the program to help develop and embed knowledge and capability.
Each graduate will be assigned a clinical mentor to support their growth and guide their practice.
Support will also be offered by the clinical practice specialists and the Learning and Organisational Development team.
Graduates will have access to a range of online resources for their ongoing professional development including AUSMED, MEDITRAX, and ALTURA Learning.
The program will focus not only on clinical development but also the importance of soft skills required by nurses. This includes skills such as leadership, resilience and mindfulness.
We want to support our graduates to lead our organisation into the future!
Graduates will be part of a large community of other graduate nurses, clinical specialists and experienced practitioners from across our organisation and the Health and Aged Care Industry.
RSL LifeCare has appointed a dedicated Graduate Program team to lead and facilitate this community.
Mid-year Dev Day
End-year Dev Day
Program Learning Outcomes
- Manage medication administration safely
- Provide clinical care services competently
- Embrace challenges, solve problems and use initiative
- Effective and efficient communication skills
- Display professional nursing behaviours
- Live the RSL LifeCare values
- Develop people skills and leadership skills
- Motivation to learn and engage
- Critical thinking skills
- Specialised nursing skills development: Dementia care and palliative care
Benefits of our Graduate Nurse Program
Our Graduate Nurse Program includes:
- A 12-month niche program, supporting on excellence in clinical care
- Support from your own clinical and onsite mentor and the Learning and Development team
- Three face to face development workshops in Sydney, all expenses paid
- Leadership development program to prepare you to be a future leader
- Competitive salary plus not for profit salary packaging benefits – up to $15,900 tax free, plus $2,650 in tax free meal/entertainment card
- Accredited development opportunities available after your graduate year, fully funded by RSL LifeCare in partnership with universities
- Consistent rostering that offers work/life balance
- Working for us as a carer until you gain your AHPRA registration
Take the first step towards an enriching career with us. Join our Graduate Registered Nurse Program today!
“Being a part of the new grad program has given me the confidence and skills to advance my career as a Registered Nurse in Aged Care. Being supported by the Learning & Development team to be able to enable the best possible care for our elderly has been an invaluable experience. I recommend anyone who has finished their nursing degree recently and is interested in Aged Care to definitely apply for this wonderful and supportive program.”
“Thanks to this Graduate Nurse program, I have gained valuable insights into dementia care, including the effective use of direction words and providing support. Additionally, I’ve acquired new techniques, such as catheterization and changing batteries in syringe drivers correctly, which have expanded my skillset significantly.”
“Graduate Nurse Program has provided me with an excellent grasp of various nursing aspects related to aged care, which I will apply daily. Armed with this newfound knowledge, I am determined to make a positive impact in people’s lives. I must also mention that all the mentors were lovely and supportive throughout the journey.”
RSL LifeCare a finalist in Best Graduate Development Program – Australian HR Awards 2023
August 2023 – RSL LifeCare’s Graduate Registered Nurse Program has been announced as a finalist in the Australian HR Awards 2023, Best Graduate Development Program category.
The award recognises excellence and innovation in graduate development programs and initiatives in organisations Australia wide. Judged on consultation, strategy, implementation, and results, the winner will be announced on 1 September 2023…Read more
We’re here to help.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise