Birdwoord Park - Long Tan Retirement Village
510 King Street, Newcastle West, NSW 2300
Enquire today to join our waitlist
Introducing Long Tan Village, a state-of-the-art vertical village situated within minutes of Newcastle’s bustling CBD and harbour foreshore.
Home to 76 spacious two-bedroom plus study independent living units – all of which are decked out with the latest amenities – Long Tan Village gives you everything you need to design the lifestyle you’ve always wanted. Security, comfort, convenience, and a touch of indulgence make this vibrant community a true gem.
Unlock the retirement you’ve always dreamed of and seize this exclusive lifestyle opportunity. Discover more about Long Tan Village, Newcastle’s newest luxury community.
|510 King St, Newcastle West NSW 2302, Australia||1201/510 King St, Newcastle West NSW 2302, Australia||806/510 King St, Newcastle West NSW 2302, Australia|
- Community area
- Car space
- Social outings
- Village bus
- 24/7 Personal Emergency Response System
- Medical Centre
- Train station
- Post Office
- Health Food Store
- Interchange Light Rail
Frequently asked questions
1. How long do I have to wait?
This depends on both your circumstances and our waiting list. When you are ready to make the move, we are often able to help you find your new home in a short time.
2. What are the deferred management fees (departure fees)?
When you move to Long Tan Village, Newcastle the payment you make upon entry is partially refundable. There is a deduction for management fees 5% per annum for the first 6 years (maximum 30%) and calculated on the price of the home on exit sale price.
3. Capital Gain?
You will retain 100% of the capital gain.
4. Once I have decided on the purchase of a home, how long do I have to pay?
We will hold your deposit against your home of choice. If you do need to sell your current home to come into the village, we would then expect you to commence active marketing of your home with settlement expected within three months of that date. At the end of this period, we would review the situation with you, and we may be able to offer you an extension. Your deposit is fully refundable at any time should you
not proceed to settlement.
The Village strongly recommends that every potential new resident seeks independent financial and legal advice.
5. Amount of recurrent charges (maintenance fee)?
$$266.26 per fortnight.
6. What is included in the recurrent charges?
- Building Insurance
- Council Rates
- Utilities for the common areas
- Maintenance of common grounds
- Maintenance of exterior of buildings
- Internal maintenance such as plumbing and electrical
- Services such as management and administration, garbage removal, emergency call
- Use of our village bus on its regular shopping and social outings
7. What do I need to provide and pay for?
- Contents Insurance (at your discretion)
8. Can changes be made to the home?
Yes, subject to approval. Your request would have to be put in writing and forwarded to the Village Manager.
9. What happens if we are/I am no longer able to live independently?
You can access additional support with LifeCare at Home (1300 306 885). There are a variety of services that may be applicable, and you may be able to access additional funding. Ask your Village Manager for more details. Or go to LifeCare at Home on the RSL LifeCare website.
Transfer to Residential Aged Care Home, Peter Badcoe VC House may also be possible however is not guaranteed. The Village Manager will be able to provide with you details of the appropriate contact person who can explain the relevant requirements for access to these services. The Australian Government has very useful information about moving into aged care on the website www.myagedcare.gov.au.
10. Can I access extra services while still living independently?
Yes, we have LifeCare at Home available to assist with housework, laundry, the provision of meals, shopping, transport to appointments, companionship and care – we can design a service with you that will suit your specific needs.
11. Can my partner stay in the unit if I need residential aged care?
Yes, your partner can continue to live independently, and will have the peace of mind you are cared for nearby our Village. Your partner may also like to take you home for a short period of time during the day or overnight or spend lots of time with you in the residential care home.
12. How often and where does the village bus operate?
The Village manager and residents will develop a bus schedule which suits the needs of the residents and keeps within the resident budget.
13. What medical services are available in the local area?
14. I would like some more information. Who do I contact?
If you have any further questions or would like some more information about Long Tan Village, please call us at 02 4009 4109.
Homes for Sale
Level 4 – Large Balcony
Level 5, Contemporary scheme
Level 5, Classic scheme
We’ll help you understand your options.
We can help you talk through your situation and advise on what your best options would be.
The advice is free and we will always put your needs first.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise