Carer – Aged Care – Full Time, Part Time & Casual
Location: Tura Beach, Eden & Merimbula
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
Our vision is one of “Continuing in the ANZAC spirit” by developing supportive, dynamic retirement living communities and providing award-winning, innovative and personalised care for our clients and residents. We are passionate about supporting our residents and clients to live fulfilling lives and enable their sense of wellbeing and independence.
Full time, part time and casual opportunities have become available for Carers reporting to the Facility Manager – Residential Care at Albert Moore Gardens in Merimbula, Hugh Cunningham Gardens Tura Beach and Roy Wotton Gardens Eden.
The ideal candidate for these roles would be an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for the provision of high-quality services to Veterans and older Australians.
The essential selection criteria for the role include:
- Minimum Certificate Level III (Aged Care Support Services or equivalent)
- Experience in caring for the aged within a residential setting
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the aged person
- Have a working knowledge of quality systems as they relate to the provision of care
- Ability to accept direction and if necessary, correction and to work as a member of a team
- Assist residents with all aspects of care and activities of daily living
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, relatives and all members of the care team
- Demonstrate tolerance, patience and empathy with aged people
- Demonstrate and appreciation and acceptance of different backgrounds and beliefs
- Participate in continuing education both in work and out of work hours as requested and / or directed
- Schedule work programs on routine and regular basis and develop resident care plans
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- Training and development, and career progression
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
Please apply via the “apply now” button and include your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise