This unit is situated in the middle of the block and entry to the unit is on level access directly from carport. There are plantation shutters on all windows and balcony sliding door (which are optional), tiled flooring throughout all living areas and new carpet in both bedrooms. The unit has been freshly painted throughout, is air conditioned and features two bedrooms with built in wardrobes, a completely refurbished bathroom and separate laundry along with a modern upgraded kitchen that faces into the dining room of the unit. The balcony which is accessible from the main living area runs the length of the unit and faces out to the lovely gardens of the village.
- Variety of homes to suit all requirements and budgets
- 24 hour Emergency Call
- Access to our many facilities
- Meals (fees apply)
- Attractive, award-winning gardens
- Community Centre
- Excellent bus service
- Large Print Library
- Pet Friendly
- Bus outings, concerts & organised activities
- Swimming Pool (heated, outdoor)
- Community Vegetable Garden
Frequently asked questions
1. How long do I have to wait?
We have homes available for occupation now. When you are ready to make the move, we are often able to help you find your new home in a short time.
2. What are the deferred management fees (departure fees)?
When you move to Long Khanh Lakefront Village, Canton Beach, the payment you make upon entry is partially refundable. For both village units and serviced apartments, there is a deduction for management fees of 10% of the entry price on the day you move in. On departure from the village, there is a further 2% p.a. payable for village units (to a maximum of 10 years) and 4% p.a. payable for serviced apartments (to a maximum of 5 years) calculated against the price of the home on entry.
3. Capital Gain?
There is no sharing of any potential capital gain – it remains with the Village.
4. Once I have decided on the purchase of a home, how long do I have to pay?
If you need to sell a home to come into the village, we will hold your deposit against your home of choice for four weeks. At the end of this time, if your current home is not actively being marketed, we will refund your deposit to allow other clients who are more ready to proceed the same opportunity. If your home is on the market, we will continue to hold the home in your name but would expect settlement within three months from date of deposit. At the end of this period, we would review the situation with you, and we may be able to offer you an extension.
Your deposit is fully refundable at any time should you not proceed to settlement
The Village strongly recommends that every potential new resident seeks independent financial and legal advice.
5. Amount of recurrent charges (maintenance fee)?
- Independent Living Units – $253.08 to $295.26 per fortnight;
- Serviced apartments – $824.90 per fortnight.
6. What is included in the recurrent charges?
✓ Building Insurance
✓ Council Rates
✓ Maintenance of common grounds
✓ Maintenance of exterior of buildings
✓ Internal maintenance such as plumbing and electrical
✓ Services such as management & administration, emergency call, garbage removal
✓ Use of our village bus on its regular shopping trips
✓ Serviced apartments only – 3 meals per day/ weekly room clean and linen change
7. What do I need to provide and pay for?
✓ Contents Insurance (at your discretion)
8. Can changes be made to the home?
Yes, subject to approval. Your request would have to be put in writing and forwarded to the Village Manager.
9. How often and where do the buses run?
A Village Bus Timetable is available from the Village Office. We have a Village bus which runs regularly to local shopping centres.
10. Can I bring my pet with me to live in the Village?
You are able to bring into our independent living homes (not assisted living apartments) a cat, small dog or bird. Your Village Manager may ask to meet your pet prior to moving in as some breeds may not be suitable to live within a retirement village.
11. What Medical Services are available in the local area?
- General Practitioners Pathology
- Optometry Audiology Pharmacy Radiology
12. Are there any clubs, groups and activities to join?
There is a wide choice of clubs and activities in the local area which you can participate in if you wish. Details can be obtained from the village office or ask for a copy of our monthly recreation calendar.
13. I would like some more information. Who do I contact?
If you have any further questions, or would like some more information about our Village, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling on (02) 4305 3650. Walk-ins are welcome, too.
We’ll help you understand your options.
We can help you talk through your situation and advise on what your best options would be.
The advice is free and we will always put your needs first.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise