Cook – Retirement Living
- Cook role based in our Retirement Living Home in Goonellabah
- Permanent position to work during the week and weekends.
- Not-for-profit tax benefits
We are seeking applications for the role of a Cook at our Retirement Living home, located on the rolling green hills of Goonellabah. The role is to work with a great team and for developing and delivering nutritious meals to our residents in line with their choices and preferences.
The role will involve:
- Preparation and cooking of various meals, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Complying with all infection control and safe food handling procedures
- Liaising with our residents, their families, and the care team
- Timely completion of all required documentation and reporting
Skills and Experience required
- Certificate in Commercial Cookery or equivalent is preferred
- Verifiable experience in the preparation and delivery of meals within a similar environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to solve problems independently
- An understanding of Resident Rights, Aged Care Accreditation Standards and Outcomes
- Willing to undergo a National Police check
Our commitment to diversity
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Veterans, current serving ADF personnel, their families, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued, and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise