Kitchen Hand – Newcastle
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a part time Kitchen Hand reporting to the Chef Manager at out BRAND NEW facility, Peter Badcoe VC Gardens, Newcastle.
As the ideal candidate you will have experience working within a Kitchen ideally in an Aged Care setting completing a range of duties. You will be available to work weekends as well as some shifts during the week. You are a team player with a bubbly personality willing to provide the highest level of service.
- Experienced in planning, preparation and cooking fresh meals
- Experience in table service and clearing duties
- Experience in working in a fast paced kitchen and or bulk food preparation – desirable
- Work in conjunction with the Manager to constantly refine and improve the food service standards
- Knowledge and experience in working to the compliance of the Food Safety Standards to HACCP level
- Current Flu Vaccination is essential
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
To apply, please select “Apply Now”. Please note that due to a large number of applications only those that have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise