Chef – Lismore
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
The Opportunity and the Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Full time Chef at Fromelles Manor, Lismore.
As a Chef at one of our care homes you will be responsible for developing and delivering nutritious meals to our residents that make them feel like they are home and empowers our residents’ choices and independence.
The essential selection criteria for the role includes:
- Experience in a similar position and environment cooking and producing meals for large numbers preferably in the Aged Care sector
- Certificate 4 in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Knowledge in commercial kitchen environment including equipment operation
- Knowledge of aged care accreditation standards and compliance
- Knowledge of HACCP, food safety standards and requirements
- Knowledge in textured modified and food allergies
- Understanding of OH & S requirements
- Strong people management, customer service and negotiation skills;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Current Flu Vaccination is essential
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
This role will be full time Monday-Friday and may require occasional weekends.
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
Our commitment to diversity:
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability
To find out more about RSL Lifecare, visit our website at www.rslv1live.wpengine.com
Please click the “Apply Now” button.
Please note that due to the large number of applications only those that have been shortlisted with be contacted.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise