Carer & Support roles: Expression of Interest – North region
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
We are calling on all genuine, caring and compassionate Care and Support workers to express their interest in working with one of Australia’s largest Aged Care Providers. Join our talent pool now to be one of the first to hear about new roles as they open in our Residential Facilities across Newcastle, Hawks Nest, Dungog, Port Macquarie, Lismore, Ballina and Bryon Bay area’s
The ideal candidate for this role would be an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for the provision of high-quality services to Veterans and/ or older Australians.
- Experience in caring for the aged within a residential setting
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, relatives and all members of the care team
- Demonstrate tolerance, patience and empathy with aged people
- Experience in assisting residents with medication administration
- Experience with simple wound dressing and assist with support for diabetic residents
- Assist in the development and implementation of resident care plans
- Work within the level of personal ability, seeking assistance and guidance when and where necessary
- Be available to work a rotating roster including weekends and night shifts
- Willing to get current Flu Vaccination (Essential)
- Certificate Level III (Aged Care Support Services or equivalent)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- Training and development, and career progression
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
To register your interest:
Please select “Apply Now”. Please include your CV and Cover letter as well as your ideal location and role.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise