After Hours on Call Carer: Chauvel Village, Goonellabah
RSL LifeCare has an exciting opportunity available for an enthusiastic and vibrant person interested in providing after-hours emergency on-call care to our residents at Chauvel Village, Goonellabah. The emergency calls may necessitate providing basic first aid and / or calling an ambulance. You will be responsible for completing Incident/Accident Reporting Forms and provide feedback to the Village Manager. Free single accommodation is part of the offer and you will be expected to be on call for 3 nights a week.
You are someone who is passionate about the aged care sector and wants to give back to our seniors citizens by providing an effective after-hours emergency on call service. The successful applicant will be required to sleep over a minimum of three nights per week to respond to emergency calls from Retirement Village residents and will be provided with free accommodation under a Residential Tenancy Agreement.
- Preferably Certificate lll in aged care or equivalent or working towards
- Current Senior First-Aid certificate
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Basic computer skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Free accommodation in a private single flat on site
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our customers residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- Ongoing education and training
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for Veterans and seniors, our people and our community
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
Please apply via the “apply now” button and include your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise