Cook – Bryon Bay
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Part time Chef or experienced Cook with direct reports to the Facility Manager in Patrick Bugden VC Gardens (Aged Care Facility) – Byron Bay
The ideal candidate for this hands-on role would be an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for the provision of high-quality services to Veterans and/ or older Australians
The responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
- Oversee the day-to-day supervision of employees regarding all aspects of the current food operation, cook-fresh and cook-chill ensuring the high quality and standard of food being prepared and served.
- Supervise and manage the preparation of special meals and all dietary requirements including and not limited to low salt, diabetic, soft, textured and pureed.
- On site responsibilities for all kitchen operational issues on a day to day basis (as instructed or required) including the responsibility for leading and/or supervising the work of others (if applicable at Location)
- Maintain ordering systems and supervise ordering for all sections in the main kitchen including textured and special diet sections. Maintain food costs within budgetary guidelines.
- Training and development to ensure that staff are trained in all aspects of kitchen operations to ensure that they are versatile and have the ability to be moved between sections
Desirable selection criteria for the role includes:
- Experience in caring for the aged within a residential setting
- Strong knowledge and experience of food safety and hygiene requirements including HACCP
- Previous experience in bulk cooking, preferably in aged care
- Ability to plan and implement catering services, ensuring a holistic approach and having regard for the resident
- To have a working knowledge of quality systems as they relate to the provision of catering services
- Have necessary trade qualifications/experience with appropriate certification
- Food Safety supervisor certificate and First Aid Certificate
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Salary packaging opportunities as per a not for profit organisation
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- On-going training and development
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
To apply, please select “Apply Now”. Please note that due to the large number of applications only those that have been short listed will be contacted.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise