Work Health and Safety Advisor
RSL LifeCare is a leading not-for-profit organisation focused on enriching the lives of veterans and seniors. Established in 1911, we are driven by our vision to create proud communities, living their best lives. We are dedicated to helping all individuals under our care thrive, every day.
We are seeking a Work Health & Safety Advisor to play a pivotal role in providing support and guidance in Work Health and Safety (WHS) to all RSL Lifecare employees, aligning with our operational and strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with the WHS Team to effectively implement the national safety vision and strategic objectives.
- Contribute to the comprehensive rollout of the WHS system, encompassing risk assessments, training initiatives, and audits.
- Deliver timely and pertinent WHS advice and support to both managers and employees.
- Play a key role in developing and implementing preventive initiatives to enhance overall workplace safety.
- Contribute to the review and implementation of RSL Lifecare’s WHS policies, procedures, and practices.
- Actively promote and nurture a positive WHS and risk management culture in accordance with legislative and industry standards.
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Manager WHS to facilitate the development and implementation of an overarching best practice Work Health and Safety Management System (WHSMS).
Who are you:
- Tertiary Qualification in safety, science, health, or related field.
- Hold an Internal Auditor Certification, Certificate IV in WHS, FTW Coordinator Certificate and First aid Certification.
- Bring 3-5 years of proven experience in a related role, demonstrating a track record of success and proficiency.
- Exhibit a sound knowledge of work health and safety legislation, ensuring compliance and best practices.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in WHS incident investigation, critical analysis, problem-solving, and audit procedures.
- Showcase the ability to develop and produce timely and accurate WHS reports and metrics, reflecting a commitment to data-driven decision-making.
Join RSL LifeCare because:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging ($15,900 tax free), Novated Lease, Meal & Beverage Benefit ($2,650 tax free)
- Annual leave loading of 17.5%
- An additional day off on the 27th December
- Flexibility within a hybrid working environment
- Team building and wellbeing days
- Volunteering opportunities
Our commitment to diversity:
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Veterans, current serving ADF personnel and their families, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.
We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or disability.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise