Veteran Support Coordinator – Financial Counsellor
RSL LifeCare is a leading not-for-profit organisation focused on enriching the lives of veterans and seniors. Established in 1911, we are driven by our vision to create proud communities, living their best lives. We are dedicated to helping all individuals under our care thrive, every day.
We are seeking a Veteran Support Coordinator – Financial Counsellor to join our Veteran Services team. The role is pivotal in addressing the well-being needs of our clients, with a primary focus on delivering exceptional care and financial counselling to veterans and their families.
- Collaborate with the Employment and Wellbeing Service Manager to contribute to operational planning and governance, maintaining high standards in customer relations, engagement, risk management, and quality.
- Contribute to the implementation and achievement of organisational outcomes with an emphasis on enhancing compliance and service delivery.
- Advocate and negotiate on behalf of clients with relevant stakeholders, including credit providers, and assist clients in developing skills to address their financial situation.
- Guide clients through the financial assistance application process, review documentation, and present findings to the Employment and Wellbeing Service Manager.
Who are you:
- Diploma in Financial counselling and at least 2 years’ experience preferable.
- Accredited member of the Financial Counsellors Association of NSW/Australia.
- Case management experience in Financial Counselling.
- Demonstrated knowledge of consumer protection legislation and policy, credit systems, debt recovery, and bankruptcy laws.
- Completion of necessary annual 20 hours professional learning to stay current with the Australian Financial Counsellors Association.
- In-depth understanding of the Defence, ESO, and veteran communities, with the ability to navigate related agencies and departments.
- Completion or willingness to complete relevant courses for the role, including the Wellbeing Level 2 ATDP.
Join RSL LifeCare because:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging ($15,900 tax free), Novated Lease, Meal & Beverage Benefit ($2,650 tax free)
- Annual leave loading of 17.5%
- An additional day off on the 27th December
- Team building and wellbeing days
- Volunteering opportunities
Application Close Date: 15/12/2023
Kate Staddon-Smith | Talent Acquisition Specialist | 0492 331 962
Our commitment to diversity:
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Veterans, current serving ADF personnel and their families, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.
We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or disability.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise