We are looking for a Maintenance Officer for our maintenance team who support and work at our 82 bed aged care home in Lyneham, ACT – Sir Leslie Morshead Manor
This role will be to support and manage the team with labouring duties associated with general maintenance activities, to ensure the aged care home is always looking and operating at its very best.
- Overseeing and managing the maintenance work schedule and staff, including coaching and developing team members
- Manage preventative and reactive maintenance schedules across the multiple aged care facilities, including scheduling and overseeing contractors
- Work alongside contractors where relevant and ensuring all work carried out is within the planned budget and compliance requirements
- Assist in completing planned works while also repairing any immediate requirements that arise
- General maintenance and repairs; this may include painting, lighting maintenance, gutters, air conditioning, tiling, basic plumbing and other general repairs
- Ensuring all paperwork, documentation and system processes are adhered to
- Previous experience in a maintenance role, aged care preferable but not necessary
- Liaising with contractors including providing access, organising repairs, and supervising when necessary
- First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain this desirable
- A current NSW driver’s license
- Computer skills
- A sound understanding of aged care and the principles guiding this sector; ability to interact with the elderly residents on a day to day basis
- Up to date Flu & COVID vaccination
We offer you
A supportive team environment, stable employment, ongoing training & development and the monetary benefits of working for a ‘Not for profit’ organisation.
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and ACT.
Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for-profit organisation.
Our commitment to diversity
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Veterans, current serving ADF personnel, their families and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise