We are looking for a Maintenance Handyperson (also known as Maintenance Assistant) for our 19 bed aged care home in Kandos in the Mudgee area.
This role will be to support and manage the team with labouring duties associated with general maintenance activities, to ensure the aged care home is always looking and operating at its very best.
- Overseeing and managing the maintenance work schedule
- Work alongside contractors where relevant and ensuring all work carried out is within the planned budget and compliance requirements
- Assist in completing planned works while also repairing any immediate requirements that arise
- General maintenance and repairs; this may include
- lighting maintenance
- air conditioning
- basic plumbing and
- other general repairs
- Ensuring all paperwork, documentation and system processes are adhered to
- Previous experience in a maintenance role, aged care preferable but not necessary
- Liaising with contractors including providing access, organising repairs
- Trade qualification preferred but not essential
- Basic computer skills
- Willing to learn about Aged care and the principles guiding this sector
- Ability to interact with the elderly residents on a day to day basis
Our commitment to diversity
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Veterans, current serving ADF personnel, their families and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise