In this role you will be responsible for the performance of labouring duties associated with general maintenance activities based at our Flagship facility; RSL LifeCare Kokoda Village, Narrabeen.
You will be part of the maintenance team that keeps the 63 resident facility looking and operating at its very best!
Full time, Monday to Friday – 38 hours per week
Your Day to day/ Preferred Attributes
- Previous experience in maintenance/ handyman – responding to maintenance requests in an efficient and timely manner
- Minor building repair works to building fixtures
- Assist residents with building maintenance and repairs works such as light globes, broken fly screens, minor lock repairs
- Computer skills; knowledge of preventative maintenance advantageous
- Liaise with contractors including providing access, organising repairs, and supervising when necessary
- Setting up and taking down for special functions – such as a Village BBQ or morning tea
- First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain this desirable
- A current NSW driver’s license
- A sound understanding of aged care and the principles guiding this sector; ability to interact with the village residents on a day to day basis
- Up to date Flu & COVID vaccination
Your New Workplace: About Kokoda
Kokoda is an Extra Service home – modern, comfortable and designed to enable a sense of wellbeing in a safe and friendly environment. Residents enjoy a relaxed atmosphere and friends and family are welcome at any time. There are beautiful courtyards and gardens where residents and visitors can enjoy a chat or celebrate a special event.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise