In this role you will be responsible for the performance of labouring duties associated with general maintenance activities based at Kingsford-Smith Village, North Richmond.
On occasions you will also act as a reliver for our village bus driver when required.
- The is a flexible Part-Time role; 2 days per week (15 hours per week)
*Working days to be discussed in the interview process depending on your availability
You will be apart of the team that responds to general maintenance and repair requests from our residents, as well as maintain general upkeep and grounds maintenance of the village.
On times you will be required to assist in wheelchair transport, day trips for residents, and other driving duties.
Your Day to day/ Preferred Attributes
- Previous experience in maintenance/ handyman – responding to maintenance requests in an efficient and timely manner
- Minor building repair works to building fixtures
- Assist residents with building maintenance and repairs works such as light globes, broken fly screens, minor lock repairs
- Computer skills; knowledge of preventative maintenance advantageous
- Liaise with contractors including providing access, organising repairs, and supervising when necessary
- Current Light Rigid NSW Drivers License or willingness to obtain
- First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
- An understanding of aged care and the principles guiding this sector; ability to interact with the village residents on a day to day basis
- Up to date vaccinations; Covid and Flu
RSL LifeCare’s commitment to diversity
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise