- Rare opportunity to lead the Lifestyle function at our aged care home in Galston
- Work for a “for purpose” organisation and contribute to the wellbeing our elderly residents
- Not-for-profit benefits to package upto $15,900 to maximise take home pay
Are you charismatic and engaging person and can support our resident’s lives through planned activities and events?
An exciting opportunity has become available for Lifestyle Coordinator (also known as Wellbeing Coordinator/Recreational Activities officer) to join our team in Galston in the Hills District. This is a full-time position reporting to the Facility Manager
About the role –
- Create a holistic lifestyle program which apply the values of person-centered care
- Tailor activities to meet the resident’s cognitive and physical abilities and encourage resident choice and participation in individual and group activities.
- Ensure residents receive appropriate assessments including their life history that will form part of their integrated care plan
- Ensure programs are developed to enrich the lives of individuals and their families through leisure, lifestyle, learning & spiritual activities
- Coordinating outings that allow residents to stay in communication and have meaningful relationships within their chosen community in a safe and healthy way
About you –
In this rewarding role, you will be responsible for engaging with our residents in a range of meaningful lifestyle and social activities to empower them to maintain their independence. You will also need
- Cert IV in Leisure and Health and/ or relevant tertiary degree – essential
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of workplace health and safety
- Ability to assess residents’ psychological, social and emotional needs to identify any barriers to participation in lifestyle activities
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and appropriate relationships with residents and their families/representatives
- Demonstrated understanding of Aged Care and associated accreditation requirements.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Record
Our commitment to diversity
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Veterans, current serving ADF personnel, their families and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise