- Kitchen chef role based at our aged care home in ACT
- Fulltime Opportunity working Monday to Friday
- ‘Not-for-profit’ tax benefits to maximise take home pay
We are inviting applications for a Head Chef to work at our 137 bed aged care in Page ACT – Bill McKenzie Gardens. This role will see you reporting to the facility manager whilst working in a supportive and collaborative team environment. An experienced chef with a passion for aged care that can operate as a key team player will thrive in this role!
Responsibilities of a Head Chef would be, but not limited to:
- Preparation, planning and cooking of various meals, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Complying with all infection control protocols and safe food handling procedures
- Ensuring all meals are prepared whilst keeping resident choice, allergies and recommendations in mind
- Work collaboratively with the care, clinical, lifestyle teams and the café.
- Timely completion of all required documentation and reporting
- Ensuring regular audits are being performed and recorded monthly
Skills and Experience required:
- Certificate in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Previous experience in the preparation and delivery of meals within a similar environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to solve problems independently
- An understanding of Resident Rights, Aged Care Accreditation Standards and Outcomes
- COVID vaccinations
Our commitment to diversity
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Veterans, current serving ADF personnel, their families, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued, and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or disability.
If you think you could make a positive difference in the lives of our residents then please apply now!
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise