- Permanent full-time opportunity for a Facility Manager to lead and work at our Aged care home in Port Macquarie
- Key leadership role to manage the daily operations of the facility through effective supervision and support
- Eligible for ‘not for profit’ salary packaging – up to $15,900 a year and meal entertainment card of $2650
We are looking for a Facility Manager for a rewarding opportunity at our 80 bed aged care home in Port Macquarie – Arthur Blackburn VC Gardens. This role is perfect for a natural leader with the ability to maintain the critical balance between service and clinical care, and operational and staffing needs.
The Facility Manager is a key role in ensuring our residents receive high-quality person-centred care services and the home operates effectively and efficiently.
Your responsibilities in the role would include, but not limited to:
- Implement all aspects of operational planning and governance to ensure high levels of performance across people leadership and management, resident and community relations, risk management and quality
- Drive a resident-centered culture by keeping residents, and their support networks as the focal point in decision making
- Contribute to annual budgeting and forecasting for Residential Aged Care in consultation with key stakeholders across the organisation and by meeting or exceeding financial performance targets of occupancy rates, labour costs and operational expenditure
- Leading by example and provide visible commitment to safety by following the Work Health and Safety policy; to be able to identify and effectively inform risks for the RSL LifeCare Risk Register, working within the Risk Management Framework
- Lead and follow a culture that embraces feedback as an opportunity to grow, allows for open disclosure and leads to continuous improvement in services and provide regular performance feedback to direct reports and conduct formal performance reviews in line with established Performance Development Framework
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key Commonwealth, State and Territory Government departments, referral networks, suppliers, service partners and other external stakeholders to promote growth and integrated approaches to resident care
Along with having verifiable experience as leader within Aged Care, we will need you to have the following to succeed in the role –
- AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse with demonstrated compassion, empathy, and a passion for residential aged care
- Proven ability to achieve organisational objectives by fostering high quality relationships with Residents and their families, Staff, key stakeholders, and the larger community through well-developed communication skills
- Excellent leadership and people management skills including the ability to lead a highly cohesive and productive team as well as resolve performance management issues and conflict in a timely manner
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the management of and compliance with legislative requirements including the Aged Care Act 1997, Quality Standards Accreditation and ACFI/AN-ACC
- Evidence of or willingness to obtain vaccinations that comply with organisational and/or public health requirements
- Willingness to undergo a National Criminal Check
We are genuine. We are authentic. We enrich people’s lives in the home and the community.
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for-profit organisation.
We enrich veterans and seniors’ lives and create connected, supportive and vibrant communities. We are seeking like-minded individuals who support our values; Respectful, Collaborative, Passionate, Imaginative, Courageous and Responsible.
Our commitment to diversity
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Veterans, current serving ADF personnel, their families and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise