Facilities and Contracts Manager
The Facilities and Contracts Manager is a key role within the Retirement Living management team responsible for the service delivery and business outcomes of our Flagship Facility, ANZAC Villlage RSL LifeCare Retirement Living portfolio.
This full time, Monday to Friday position based at Narrabeen, plays a key role in delivering the RSL LifeCare operational goals for their area of responsibility, while driving continuous improvement across service delivery and compliance.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, Retirement Living, the role assumes primary responsibility for achieving and maintaining legislative compliance including, but not limited to, compliance with the Retirement Villages Act (NSW) (1999, Regs 2017)
- Management of Maintenance Services/Gardening/Transport employee/s to ensure all Village facilities remain in good order.
- Oversee Maintenance Management Systems and Safety Management Plans.
- Create and implement the Annual Maintenance Plan for ANZAC Village/ Management of Maintenance Services
- Conduct annual audits of the village (Compliance to legislation, policy and procedures)
- Develop an effective working relationship with Village key staff, internal networks and the wider RSL Lifecare portfolio
- Budgetary forecasts and functional expenditure
- Support full function of Risk Management
- Demonstrate strong leadership and create and sustain a high performing team
What we need you to have to succeed
- Preferred minimum education: Trade qualifications in Electrical/ Communications, HVAC, Building/ Construction, Fire or Mechanical, or have experience deemed to be sufficient by Village Management.
- Preferred area of study: Facilities Management or a related field.
- Experience working in a service-based industry.
- Previous experience in the management of maintenance schedules and life cycle costing plans.
- Facilities Management experience in the retail property industry sought, with the ability to operate with a high level of autonomy in managing the delivery of concurrent FM projects.
- Sound knowledge and experience in tendering and negotiation practices
- Technical qualifications /experience for any of the building major services
- Thorough understanding of relevant Australian legislation (including EPA) Australian Standards, Building Codes of Australia and good work practices.
- Strong ability to engage with and influence business stakeholders, in a collegiate and consultative manner.
- Exposure to the Retirement Living sector is not essential but would be extremely advantageous.
- Full time Australian Working Rights
- Up to date vaccinations; Covid & Flu
We are genuine. We are authentic. We enrich people’s lives in the home and the community.
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for-profit organisation.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise