Cook – Aged Care
- Cook role based in our residential aged care home in Austral
- Ongoing rostered work with electronic timesheets
- Not-for-profit tax benefits
We are seeking applications for the role of a Cook at our 60 bed residential aged care home in Austral. The role is to cover 12-14 hours of shift work during week and additional shifts to cover leave where possible.
On offer is the chance to work with a great team and for developing and delivering nutritious meals to our elderly residents in line with their choices and preferences.
The role will involve:
- Preparation and cooking of various meals, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Complying with all infection control and safe food handling procedures
- Liaising with our residents, their families, and the care team
- Timely completion of all required documentation and reporting
Skills and Experience required
- Certificate in Commercial Cookery or equivalent is preferred
- Previous experience in the preparation and delivery of meals within a similar environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to solve problems independently
- An understanding of Resident Rights, Aged Care Accreditation Standards and Outcomes
- Flu vaccination + COVID vaccination or willingness to obtain
Our commitment to diversity
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Veterans, current serving ADF personnel, their families, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued, and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise