Cook – Aged Care
Governor Phillip Manor, RSL LifeCare Penrith, are in search of a motivated and enthusiastic Cook for our 80 + bed residential aged care facility.
Weekly Shift Schedule
– Fridays and Saturdays: 6.30am to 2.00pm
On offer is the chance to work with our fantastic Chef Manager. You will join the team responsible for developing and delivering nutritious meals to our elderly residents in line with their choices and preferences.
The role will involve
- Preparation and cooking of various meals, including breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Complying with all infection control and safe food handling procedures
- Liaising with our residents, and the care team
- Timely completion of all required documentation and reporting
Skills and Experience required
- Certificate in Commercial Cookery or equivalent is preferred
- Previous experience in the preparation and delivery of meals within a similar environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to solve problems independently
- An understanding of Resident Rights, Aged Care Accreditation Standards and Outcomes
- Up to date vaccinations; Covid and Flu
Check out your new workplace at: https://rsllifecare.org.au/location/aged-care-homes/penrith-governor-phillip-manor/
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
To find out more about RSL LifeCare, visit our website at www.rsllifecare.org.au
Our commitment to diversity
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Veterans, current serving ADF personnel, their families, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued, and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise