Cook, Aged Care
As the Cook at Chauvel Village – Goonellabah, 2480, you will be responsible for delivering nutritious meals to our residents, based on a set weekly menu.
- Shift Schedule: Wednesday to Saturday, 9:30am to 2:30pm
+ opportunity to pick up extra shifts if your availability allows
The supportive Village manager and team at Chauvel Village will be there to help guide and support you in this role.
You will prepare daily morning tea and lunch in our dining hall where residents have the opportunity to eat in, or takeaway.
You will also run a bbq lunch once a week, and when required on special occasions cater for events (such as birthdays, social gatherings or celebratory events)
The role will involve
- Preparation and cooking of various meals, including morning tea, lunch and snacks
- Complying with all infection control and safe food handling procedures
- Liaising with our residents and the care team
- Timely completion of all required documentation and reporting
Skills and Experience required
- Previous experience in the preparation and delivery of meals within a similar environment
- Verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to solve problems independently
- An understanding of Resident Rights, Aged Care Accreditation Standards and Outcomes
- Up to date vaccinations; covid & flu
Our commitment to diversity
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Veterans, current serving ADF personnel, their families, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued, and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise