- Chef role based at our aged care home in Wagga Wagga
- Fulltime Opportunity working Monday to Friday
- ‘Not-for-profit’ tax benefits to maximise take home pay- salary packaging of up to $15,900
We are inviting applications for Chef to work at our 83 bed aged care in Wagga Wagga – Remembrance Village. This role will see you reporting to the facility manager whilst working in a supportive and collaborative team environment.
An experienced chef with a passion for aged care that can operate as a key team player will thrive in this role!
Responsibilities of a Chef would be, but not limited to:
- Preparation, planning and cooking of various meals, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Complying with all infection control protocols and safe food handling procedures
- Ensuring all meals are prepared whilst keeping resident choice, allergies and recommendations in mind
- Work collaboratively with the care, clinical, and lifestyle teams
- Timely completion of all required documentation and reporting
- Ensuring regular audits are being performed and recorded monthly
Skills and Experience required:
- Certificate in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Previous experience in the preparation and delivery of meals within aged care/healthcare or similar environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to solve problems independently
- An understanding of Resident Rights, Aged Care Accreditation Standards and Outcomes
- Willingness to undergo police check
Our commitment to diversity
We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Veterans, current serving ADF personnel, their families, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants. We believe everyone has the right to feel safe, respected, valued, and heard regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or disability.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise