Level 13, Penthouse
Prices from $1.1m
This large two-bedroom, two-bathroom penthouse apartment boasts panoramic views of the CBD and harbour. The large open plan living area is light and airy and includes a well- appointed kitchen with premium finishes and doors that open out onto the balcony – ideal for entertaining family and friends.
Consisting of two generously sized bedrooms, the master bedroom includes a stunning walk-in wardrobe with en suite bathroom and balcony access with privacy glass.Read more
Frequently asked questions
1. How long do I have to wait?
This depends on both your circumstances and our waiting list. When you are ready to make the move, we are often able to help you find your new home in a short time.
2. What are the deferred management fees (departure fees)?
When you move to Long Tan Village, Newcastle the payment you make upon entry is partially refundable. There is a deduction for management fees of 10% (non- refundable) of the entry price of the home on the day you move in, and a further 2% per annum for a maximum of 10 years and calculated on the price of the home on entry.
3. Capital Gain?
There is no sharing of any potential gain or loss – both remain with the Operator.
4. Once I have decided on the purchase of a home, how long do I have to pay?
As the homes are currently under construction, we will hold your deposit of $5,000 against your home of choice until we can advise you of the completion date of your unit. At that time, if you do need to sell your current home to come into the village, we would then expect you to commence active marketing of your home with settlement expected within three months of that date. At the end of this period, we would review the situation with you and we may be able to offer you an extension. Your deposit is fully refundable at any time should you not proceed to settlement.
The Village strongly recommends that every potential new resident seeks independent financial and legal advice.
5. Amount of recurrent charges (maintenance fee)?
$260 per fortnight.
6. What is included in the recurrent charges?
- Building Insurance
- Council Rates
- Utilities for the common areas
- Maintenance of common grounds
- Maintenance of exterior of buildings
- Internal maintenance such as plumbing and electrical
- Services such as management and administration garbage removal, emergency call
- Use of our village bus on its regular shopping and social outings
7. What do I need to provide and pay for?
- Contents Insurance (at your discretion)
8. Can changes be made to the home?
Yes, subject to approval. Your request would have to be put in writing and forwarded to the Village Manager.
9. What happens if we are/I am no longer able to live independently?
You are able to apply for LifeCare at Home (1300 306 885), or to transfer to our Residential Aged Care Home, Peter Badcoe VC House which is co-located on the site. At that time, the Village Manager will be able to provide with you details of the appropriate contact person who can explain the relevant requirements for access to these services. Also, the Australian Government has very useful information about moving into aged care on the website www.myagedcare.gov.au.
Please understand that the Retirement Villages Act requires us to inform you that access to these facilities cannot be guaranteed, however, we are able to clearly show that we are regularly able to accommodate retirement living residents in our Care Homes. Normal fees and charges apply when accessing these services – in line with Government guidelines. Alternatively, there are private services available.
10. Can I access extra services while still living independently?
Yes, we have LifeCare at Home available to assist with housework, laundry, the provision of meals, shopping, transport to appointments, companionship and care – we can design a service with you that will suit your specific needs.
11. Can my partner stay in the unit if I need residential aged care?
Yes, your partner can continue to live independently, and will have the peace of mind you are cared for nearby our Village. Your partner may also like to take you home for a short period of time during the day or overnight or spend lots of time with you in the residential care home
12. How often and where does the village bus operate?
The Village manager and residents will develop a bus schedule which suits the needs of the residents and keeps within the resident budget.
13. What medical services are available in the local area?
14. I would like some more information. Who do I contact?
Book Your Private Tour Today
Monday – Sunday
By Appointment Only
Apartments are newly complete and ready to move in now!
CALL our friendly Newcastle based team on 02 4009 4109 OR ENQUIRE BELOW.
Let us help you make the right choice.
If you are looking for guidance in considering your next steps, the good news is there are a number of options available to you for consideration, based on your own particular circumstances.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise