What is RSL Life Care? Find out

Subsidised Care


There are a variety of government programs through which you may be able to receive funding for your care. In order to determine if you are eligible you can call My Aged Care (part of the Australian Government’s Department of Social Services) on 1800 200 422 Mon – Fri 8am – 8pm or Saturday 10am – 2pm or visit the website www.myagedcare.gov.au

Government subsidies are available for;

  • In home care
  • After-hospital (transition) care
  • Respite care for carers
  • Residential aged care homes

By discussing with My Aged Care your particular situation they will advise on the most appropriate services for you. You may then be referred;

  • Directly to the appropriate service in your local area
  • To a local ACAT (Aged Care Assessment Team) who will assess you for a Home Care Package
  • To a Regional Assessment Service (RAS) for Commonwealth Home Support Programme services

If you would like some help in organising government funding we can assist you.

If you haven’t started exploring subsidised care OR are still in the process of getting your aged care assessment it is still possible to provide care for you now while you wait. Speak with us to find out how we can help you.


A Commonwealth Home Support Program provides basic support services such as help with daily tasks or entry level care which assist you in living at home independently. To receive these services you need to have an assessment through the Regional Assessment Service (RAS) and we can assist in facilitating this.

If you have more complex needs you may be eligible for a Home Care Package. Home Care Packages allow you to access similar services as the Home Support Program but can also provide additional and/or higher level care services tailored to meet your needs. To receive these services you need to be assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) and again, we can assist in facilitating this.

There are 4 levels of Home Care Packages ranging from lower care packages (level 1 & 2) to higher care packages (level 3 & 4). The higher the package the more funding you have available for services.

For eligibility for both of these programs visit www.myagedcare.gov.au or you can email or call us to find out know more.

DVA Community Nursing

The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) may provide eligible veterans who have served in Australia’s defence force (and war widows and widowers) with access to a range of health care services including community nursing at DVA’s expense. The type of DVA care you are entitled to will determine the extent of government funded services available.

For more information visit www.dva.gov.au or email or call us.

Private Care Services at Home

If you are not eligible for government funding we can still provide all in home care services to you as a private client. To find out more information, including pricing please email or call us on 1300 853 146.

Take the first step towards your independance with RSL LifeCare today.

Find out how we can help.

Contact a care expert

Help for vets in need

Veterans' Services

Find out more

Download a brochure

We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise

Career Application Single

  • Accepted file types: docx, doc, pdf.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.