What is the essence of life? To serve others and to do good
Across NSW & the ACT, RSL LifeCare welcomes and values the many ways volunteers enrich the lives of our residents.
Our volunteers are as diverse as the gifts and talents they bring. They range in age from school children to men and women well into their nineties; their backgrounds are diverse, their skills wide-ranging and their interests abound.
Volunteers help our Villages thrive with community spirit. They provide a continuing connection to the wider community (CWA, Rotary, Church groups etc.) as well as offering the opportunity for diversity of offerings to our residents – all of which contribute meaningfully to the quality of care provided.
Some of the services our volunteers provide include:
- One-to-one visits and helping staff with outings
- Assisting the staff with exercise groups, craft, bingo, or other fun activities
- Assisting low-vision groups
- Reading and writing letters
- Providing respite to carers
- Providing pastoral care
- Playing the piano, guitar or singing with residents
- Operation of our Op Shops.
If you would like to be part of our wonderful volunteer team, we would be delighted to hear from you.