About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, residential aged care, and lifecare at home services throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australian’s for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Retirement Living Village Manager reporting to the Regional Manager, at our flagship ANZAC Village Narrabeen, a community of over 700 homes.
As Village Manager you will be a leader in our business, managing the day to day operations of the Retirement Village, with a purpose to create a connected, supportive and vibrant community.
The role will suit a “hands on” type person who thrives on building relationships and has strong business acumen. The Village Manager is highly responsive towards the needs of our residents, communicates with genuine care and develops and builds positive relationships with residents and other business stakeholders.
You will have the responsibility to deliver optimal operational and financial performance as well as ensuring services are delivered in accordance with our organisational values. Your aim is to deliver quality services within budget and achieve positive customer experiences and to meet relevant compliance requirements.
In achieving your purpose, you will be accountable for
- Team Leadership and people management
- Developing positive relationships and engaging Stakeholders
- Drive a customer ‘centric’ service culture
- Manage retirement living village functions and innovate services to meet community need, deliver quality services and meet compliance requirements
- Effectively manage Complaints and Feedback
- Understand and apply financial processes to achieve budget, undertake analysis of income and expenses and provide reports on village finances.
- Work with property teams and contractors to ensure that village grounds and maintenance is effective and efficient, and to assist in resident communications regarding property projects.
- Work with Sales team to ensure positive promotion of village and orientation of new residents
- Work with residents and resident committees to ensure village needs and relevant outcomes are achieved.
- Work closely with other divisions to achieve village outcomes such as; hospitality, home care services, residential aged care, finance, human resources, project teams, IT and marketing
- Implement business objectives to meet required outcomes
- Maintain a safe work environment and participate in WHS inspections and committees. Manage hazards and incident reporting.
- Develop and provide reports on performance and progress of Village initiatives.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following experience, skills and capabilities:
- Previous experience in a service environment such as a retirement village, education, property, hospitality or aged care.
- Strong people management, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage self, drive and self-motivation to achieve results, can demonstrate resilience in challenging situations, can take initiative and act, ability to self-reflect and continuously learn.
- High level of demonstrated business and commercial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a professional and caring disposition
- Has excellent communication skills conflict resolution skills with experience in resolving complaints.
- Achieve results through efficient use of resources and commitment to quality outcomes.
- Ability to work collaboratively and value contributions
- Think and solve problems through analysis and practical solutions
- Manage time and organise priorities effectively
- Strong computer skills preferably with knowledge/experience with databases and the development of reports. Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of and commitment to WHS, including incident and hazard management
- Knowledge of compliance requirements e.g. Retirement Villages Legislation
For the successful applicant, we can offer:
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- Training and ongoing support
- Rewarding and challenging career
Please include your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria for the role.
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise