Senior Communications Manager
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality personal home care, retirement villages, and aged care homes (nursing homes) throughout NSW and the ACT. More recently, RSL LifeCare has also established the Homes For Heroes program – providing accommodation for homeless contemporary veterans in conjunction with a comprehensive rehabilitation service. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, with over 3500 employees and 7000 residents and clients and growing.
- Superior written and verbal communication ability, strategic thinking, flexibility, ability to respond to short deadlines and operate effectively in an unstructured work environment.
- Demonstrated mastery of written communication appropriate for different channels through creative content, video, speeches and scripts, print and online communications
- Knowledge of social media in a corporate environment
- Ability to translate complex ideas into simple messages.
- Proactive team player with proven ability to collaborate with others to achieve goals.
Key responsibilities will include:
Developing and implementing a communications strategy for the various business units and providing dedicated communications support across a broad range of channels
- Transform policies and procedures in a clear, simple and engaging format for various audiences across the organisation.
- Identify and leverage appropriate channels for communication depending on the subject, context and intended audience
- Create a framework of clear and effective employee communications on a broad range of topics that foster a shared purpose in the workplace
- Partnering with stakeholders, including the senior leadership team within the broader division and internal communications team
- Planning and delivering key communication forums, including monthly Town Hall and a broad range of events, and contributing to webinars, intranet and newsletters etc.
- Building the profiles of the leadership team and increasing employee engagement
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in updating Intranet and other digital/social media platforms including hands on content management via SharePoint or social tools
- Developing and executing a proactive media engagement and communications plan aimed at enhancing reputation
- Providing strategic PR advice to business stakeholders and identify changing PR requirements – using data-driven insights to continuously explore better ways of executing the PR strategy
- Developing bespoke local thought leadership to ensure the business has a prominent ‘voice’ on strategically important issues
- Leading the development of social media campaigns to amplify PR campaigns
- Managing the messaging and assisting with the execution of the crisis communications plan
- Managing systems and protocols to identify and manage reputation issues and embed reputational risk awareness
Tertiary qualified in Communications, Journalism or Marketing, you will present with a minimum of 8+ years’ experience in a senior communications leadership role. With a strong internal and external communications / public relations background working in a large corporate organisation.
You have the confidence to work in a complex regulated organisation and possess technically superior business writing and communication skills. With proven experience in developing relationships with stakeholders and consulting on internal and external best practice, you have a comprehensive understanding of corporate communication principles including the development and implementation of communications, public relations and crisis management strategies. Leveraging new technology including intranet and social media to extend the communications function by looking at innovative ways to reach people.
To apply, please select “Apply Now”. Please include your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria for the role
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise