Regional Quality Improvement Specialist
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes and personal home care throughout NSW, South-East QLD and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for-profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
Our vision is one of “Continuing the ANZAC spirit” by developing supportive, dynamic retirement living communities and providing award-winning, innovative and personalised care for our clients and residents. We are passionate about supporting our residents and clients to live fulfilling lives and enable their sense of wellbeing and independence.
RSL LifeCare is dedicated to continuous quality improvement and providing practical, efficient support to our retirement villages and aged care facilities. Due to continued growth, positions exist for a Regional Quality Improvement Specialist to join our team. As a Regional Quality Improvement Specialist, you will report to the Quality and Compliance Manager.
Your Primary Responsibilities include:
Supporting the Quality & Compliance Manager to deliver the RSL LifeCare Clinical Governance Framework and provide quality and compliance leadership and co-ordination of all quality and compliance functions within the assigned RSL LifeCare region. You will also:
- Maintain oversight of quality and compliance for assigned region providing regional leaders and key relationships with specialist knowledge, guidance and advice to maintain and improve quality and compliance outcomes for RSL LifeCare activities in the region.
- Maintain a customer focus and engage stakeholders at every level, ensuring their understanding and support for the organisation’s ongoing commitment to quality improvement.
- Undertake investigations, reviews and audits as scheduled or triggered by changes in service delivery or as requested by the Quality and Compliance Manager.
- Escalate concerns or sentinel events to the Quality and Compliance Manager.
- Oversee and prepare a range of correspondence and replies related to audits, continuous improvement plans and regulatory responses.
- Maintain quality schedule audits, mock audits and accreditation processes, internal and external, and compliance reviews, including documentation of outcomes and maintenance of the quality register and compliance monitoring.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of relevant legislative and reporting requirements.
- Report on quality assurance and customer outcomes; and,
- Ensure appropriate local engagement with the new governance structures.
- Liaise with regional managers, facility managers and village managers to minimise risk of non-compliance across residential aged care, home care, Veterans’ services and retirement villages.
- Provide support and coaching to the local team around effective use of the new quality systems, e.g. using quality data and input to inform CI activities;
- Assist local teams to meet their Quality KPIs.
- Provide support within the region for continuous quality improvement plans, site assessments and mock audits.
- Provide secretariat functions for the Regional Quality Committee.
- Contribute to a culture that enhances compliance with RSL LifeCare policies and procedures, encourages compliance with mandatory training and influences a continuous improvement mindset.
- Support the management of complex issues e.g. open disclosure processes, investigations and complex complaints.
To be considered, you will have:
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Aged Care and / or Health, continuous improvement, quality management and accreditation standards and processes.
- Experience in managing complex issues e.g. open disclosure processes, investigations and complex complaints.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including high level written and oral communication, negotiation, customer focus and solution focused skills.
- Experience in operating effectively in a multi-site environment.
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and travel to various sites on a regular basis whilst working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and patience.
- Demonstrated understanding of compliance management.
- Demonstrated understanding of related legislation and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and competing priorities
- Experience as a Residential Manager
- Experience working collaboratively to influence and improve quality and compliance across a multi-site organisation.
- An understanding of Aged Care, Home Care, Retirement Living and Veterans’ experiences and needs.
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not-for-profit organisation
- Opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our residents, people and community.
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights.
Local, intrastate and interstate travel may be required.
To express your interest, please select “Apply Now”. Please include your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria for the role.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise