Recreation Activities Officer – Residential Care, Narrabeen
- Permanent Part-time 37.5 hours or 30 hours per week
- RSL ANZAC Village, Narrabeen
We are seeking an experienced Recreation staff member to provide support to residents and team.
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australians for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Recreation Activities Officer reporting to the Regional Manager – Residential Care Central, RSL ANZAC Village, Narrabeen.
The ideal candidate for this role would be an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for the provision of high-quality services to Veterans and/ or older Australians. You will have some experience working with older people; have a positive attitude, lots of energy and passion. We are looking for someone who is innovative and prepared to bring new ideas to our comprehensive physical and cognitively stimulating recreation program.
The essential selection criteria for the role includes:
- Empathetic and caring attitude to the elderly
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to work with a team and autonomously
- Current drivers licence
- First aid certificate preferred
Desirable selection criteria for the role includes:
- Desirable CERT IV Leisure and Lifestyle.
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
To apply please forward your resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria for the role and your availability to work the shifts outlined for the position via the Apply Now button.
Applications close: Friday 19 July 2019
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise