Recreation Activities Officer – Arthur Blackburn VC Gardens, Port Macquarie
- Are you looking for a role that makes a difference to people’s lives on a daily basis?
- Location: Arthur Blackburn VC Gardens, Port Macquarie, NSW
Are you an experienced Recreational Activity Officer or someone who has the ambition and drive to move into this role? Are you a professional, reliable, caring person looking to make a difference for our residents through the delivery of a high quality leisure and lifestyle program then this job is for you!
As a Recreation officer, you will ideally have some experience working with older people; have a positive attitude, lots of energy and intermediate computer skills. We are looking for someone who is innovative and prepared to bring new ideas to our comprehensive physical and cognitively stimulating recreation program, and can work as part of a multidisciplinary team or autonomously.
An exciting opportunity is available for an Activities Officer reporting to the facility manager at Arthur Blackburn VC Gardens situated in the regional city of Port Macquarie NSW; which opened in March 2019.
The ideal candidate for this role would be an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for the provision of high-quality services to Veterans and our older Australians and who has a positive attitude and an interest in developing their skills.
- Empathetic and caring attitude to the elderly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in written English
- Intermediate computer skills
- Current drivers licence
- First aid certificate preferred
- Desirable CERT IV Leisure and Lifestyle
- Satisfactory National Criminal History Police Check
- Proof of Right to Work and live in Australia
- Ability to work within a team
- Time management skills
- Energy, empathy and a sense of humour
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- Industry leading salary packing opportunities and dependant on years of service
- A tremendous feeling of self-worth
- Leading conditions in the Aged Care sector
- Training and strong organisational support
- Development and career opportunities
- A workplace culture providing care and service to our War Veterans
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/visa.
If you have a genuine caring and compassionate nature and enjoy looking after the elderly and fit the criteria of this position please include your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria for the role or call 0436 634 929 for further details.
Applications close: 15 November 2019
Please note only applicants successful for interview will be notified.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise