Volunteers – Greater Sydney, NSW and the Canberra regions!
Call out to Volunteers across Greater Sydney, NSW and the Canberra regions!
RSL LifeCare is seeking Volunteers to provide valuable support in our and engaging with residents and families to promote wellbeing and a sense of community. If you have had prior experience supporting elderly individuals or any experience volunteering in aged care homes and/or community, your help is needed!
There are a few different areas that you can help with and support our frontline staff – Resident Lifestyle Activities, Kitchen and Laundry Assistance, Admin Support, Infection and Hygeine Control Support, Visitor Screening etc
All volunteers supporting RSL LifeCare will receive infection control training prior to starting.
- Visit the resident allocated to the volunteer at the aged care facility at a time agreed between the volunteer and RSL LifeCare
- Communicate with RSL LifeCare staff to discuss volunteering visits and report any issues that may arise
- You engage with residents to create meaning and purpose for individuals and the broader community
Volunteers will be required to:
- Have patience, kindness and empathy for mature aged people and a desire to make a positive difference in someone’s life
- Undergo compliance checks – police checks and COVID vaccinations
- Have effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Follow WH&S procedures and COVID safety protocols including but not limited to wearing PPE, hand hygiene
- Seek and accept advice on the role and provide feedback, as appropriate
If you would like to have a chat and know more about our Call to Action Programme, please contact Todd Barry on [email protected] via email
Thank you for supporting our frontline teams and residents to ensure we continue to serve them well during this critical period.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise