Registered Nurse | Casual | Page & Kaleen, ACT
Two exciting opportunities have become available to join our dedicated professional clinical team at either Mona Tait Gardens or Bill Mackenzie Gardens. We are looking for two casual Registered Nurse, covering different shifts – morning, afternoon and late afternoon. You will need excellent clinical assessment skills while ensuring appropriate advice, wound care, first aid and/or emergency treatment is provided. Continual liaison with doctors and other health professionals in relation to the resident’s progress and on-going care needs. You will ensure that our residents care is planned in accordance with their individual needs and preference, respecting their right to choose. Having high attention to detail you will follow up on all outstanding clinical issues including incidents, infections and altered clinical status while undertaking medication rounds ensuring that all associated documentation is completed. You will supervise and assist care staff to ensure an acceptable and appropriate standard of care for the residents is maintained. This includes all ADL care, maintenance of privacy and dignity, nutrition and hydration and pressure care.
You are someone who:
- Bachelor of Nursing qualification with current AHPRA registration
- Preferably experience working in Australian Aged Care
- More than 1 years Australian RN experience – highly desirable
- Working knowledge of quality systems as they relate to the provision of nursing services
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a team and provide direction
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Excellent organisation, computer and time management skills.
- Proof of current flu vaccination
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- Training and development, and career progression
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
Please note that due to the large number of applications only those that have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise