Recreation Activities Officer | Part Time | Curtin
You will have a passion for working with the elderly and enriching their lives with stimulating and engaging activities to maximise their well-being. The role will influence the quality of life for the organisation’s residents through meaningful lifestyle activities including leisure activities, purposeful interactions, human connections and well-being activities. Working alongside the care team, residents’ unique physical, psychological, social and spiritual wellbeing is enhanced through meaningful lifestyle and wellbeing programs. This role is required to design, implement and evaluate engaging, person centred resident programs that focus on individual wellbeing. In addition, this position is responsible for driving outstanding customer experiences by facilitating the sharing of great ideas.
As the Recreation Activities Officer, you will have experience working with older people; have a positive attitude and lots of energy. We are looking for someone who is innovative and prepared to bring new ideas to our comprehensive physical and cognitively stimulating recreation program.
- Cert IV in Leisure and Lifestyle and experience in a related role – preferably dealing with senior citizens
- First aid certificate and Current Flu vaccination certificate is required
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of lifestyle/recreational activities in an aged care environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in written English
- Intermediate computer skills
- Current drivers licence
Please note that due to the large number of applications only those that have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise