Home Care Worker | PPT | Ballina
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians. We are passionate about supporting our clients to live fulfilling lives and enable their sense of well being and independence.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Permanent Part Time Home Care Worker to join our Community team covering the Ballina area. You will play a key role in supporting our clients to remain living at home, providing a range of support and services which will sustain their independence. In this role you will be working remotely, travelling to a variety of locations to deliver services such as: personal care, social support, making beds, general domestic duties (mopping/vacumming/dusting/sweeping) shopping, transportation, meal preparation, laundry duties, social support and respite. The function of this role is to facilitate person centred care and interact with our clients on a one to one basis. Great flexibility, working split shifts across Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
As the ideal candidate for this role you would be an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for the provision of high-quality services to Veterans and/ or older Australians. You will ideally have experience working within aged care, have a positive attitude, a sense of humour and an interest in developing your skills.
You are someone who:
- Thrives on variety,
- Is a natural communicator who can build rapport quickly with clients
- Takes pride in their work
- Wants to give back by assisting others
- Handles technology with ease and
- Able to work a variety of shifts Monday to Friday
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Certificate Level III (Aged Care Support Services or equivalent)
- First aid certificate
- Current flu vaccination
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the aged person
- A working knowledge of quality systems as they relate to the provision of care services
- Demonstrate appreciation and acceptance of different backgrounds and beliefs
- Access to a reliable registered car and valid NSW Licence
- An attractive salary package (including ‘not for profit’ salary sacrifice packaging)
- Internal and external learning and development opportunities
- A supportive work culture, committed to keeping you safe and secure
- Our employee assistance program providing counselling services
- Eligibility for our recognition program and celebration of service
- Annual flu vaccinations and Hepatitis B vaccination
- A chance to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference to our clients, our people and the community.
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
Please click on the APPLY button to apply for this amazing opportunity.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise