Clinical Care Manager | FT | Mona Tait Gardens
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Clinical Care Manager reporting to the Residential Manager at our brand-new facility, Mona Tait Gardens in Kaleen. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Registered Nurse or Clinical Care Coordinator who is looking to step up into a managerial role! You will support each resident to achieve their individual and health goals through clinical and holistic case management, in partnership with the resident, their representative, medical practitioner(s), allied health and the clinical care team.
The Clinical Care Manager has full clinical oversight of the home including management of clinical reporting and documentation, staff training, provision of ongoing management, leadership and support to all care staff
- Clinically and holistically case manage our residents within a designated area in partnership with each resident and/or their representative(s).
- Support and lead the care home clinical team including coaching, mentoring, staff allocations and delegation, performance management and education
- Review clinical incidents, complaints and changes
- Review, monitor and investigate risks
- Lead compliance with ACFI assessments
- Manage the Clinical Risk and Quality Outcomes of our residents under the RSL
Lifecare Clinical Governance Framework
- Coordinate internal and external resources and referrals to allied health care
providers and medical specialists in support of the goals of care and regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the Care Plan against the goals of care
- Must be an AHPRA Registered Nurse with current registration status.
- Minimum 3 years postgraduate experience in a relevant environment.
- A solid understanding of the Aged Care Quality Standards.
- A sound understanding of person centred and relationship-based care principles.
- Previous experience in gerontology/aged care nursing at a senior level.
- Demonstrated compassion, tolerance, patience and empathy for aged people.
- An understanding of Veterans’ experiences and needs.
- Must be willing to work weekends to support continuity of care and team leadership.
- The ability to drive great clinical, social and emotional outcomes for our residents
- Proficiency in written English and computer literacy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise