Home Care Workers | PPT | Far North / Gold Coast
A number of exciting career opportunities have become available for Permanent Part Time Home Care Workers to join our Community Team in the Far North / Tweed / Byron Bay / Gold Coast areas, including:
- Gold Coast (spanning from Yatala to Coolangatta, including Coomera, Southport, Nerang, Surfers, Mermaid Waters, Bilinga)
- Tweed and Murwillumbah
- Tweed Coastal (spanning from Kingscliff to Pottsville)
- Tweed & Banora
- Ballina (including Mullumbimby/Byron/Brunswick Heads)
You will play a key role in supporting our clients to remain living at home, providing a range of support and services which will sustain their independence. In this role you will be working remotely, travelling to a variety of locations to deliver services such as: personal care, social support, making beds, general domestic duties (mopping/vacumming/dusting/sweeping) shopping, transportation, meal preparation, laundry, social support and respite. The function of this role is to facilitate person centred care and interact with our clients on a one to one basis. Great flexibility, working split shifts across Monday to Sunday.
As the ideal candidate for this role you would be an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for the provision of high-quality services to Veterans and/ or older Australians. You will ideally have experience working within aged care, have a positive attitude, a sense of humour and an interest in developing your skills.
You are someone who:
- Thrives on variety,
- Is a natural communicator who can build rapport quickly with clients
- Takes pride in their work
- Wants to give back by assisting others
- Handles technology with ease and
- Able to work a variety of shifts Monday to Sunday.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Certificate Level III (Aged Care Support Services or equivalent)
- First aid certificate
- Current flu vaccination
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the aged person
- A working knowledge of quality systems as they relate to the provision of care services
- Demonstrate appreciation and acceptance of different backgrounds and beliefs
- Access to a reliable registered car with fully comprehensive insurance and a valid drivers licence
- An attractive salary package (including ‘not for profit’ salary sacrifice packaging)
- Internal and external learning and development opportunities
- A supportive work culture, committed to keeping you safe and secure
- Our employee assistance program providing counselling services
- Eligibility for our recognition program and celebration of service
- Annual flu vaccinations and hepatitis b vaccination
- A chance to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference to our clients, our people and the community.
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise