Home Care – Casual
Location: North region – Tweed Head and surrounds
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Casual Home Care Grade 3 team member reporting to the team leader of Home Care at RSL Lifecare in Tweed Heads NSW. You will be supporting clients in the community to remain living in their own home through the provision of domestic assistance, personal care, shopping, transport and social support
The ideal candidate for this role would be an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for the provision of high-quality services to Veterans and/ or older Australians.
This role will require the successful candidate to travel in and around the Tweed Head area and the Gold Coast,
Be available to work varying shifts Monday to Sunday
Essential Selection Criteria:
- To demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the aged person
- A working knowledge of quality systems as they relate to the provision of care services
- To be able to accept direction and if necessary, correction and to work as a member of a team
- Demonstrate tolerance, patience and empathy with aged people
- Demonstrate appreciation and acceptance of different backgrounds and beliefs
- Participate in continuing education both in work and out of work hours as requested and / or directed
- To carry out the duties as described in the enclosed Duties list which may be changed from time to time to accommodate changes to our client’s service needs.
- Work within the level of personal ability, seeking assistance and guidance when and where necessary
- Certificate Level III (Aged Care Support Services or equivalent)
- Access to a reliable registered car and valid NSW/QLD Drivers Licence
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- training and development, and career progression
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
Applications close: 20 February 2020
**Please note that due to the large number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise