Home Care Employee – Lismore
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
Our vision is one of “Continuing in the ANZAC spirit” by developing supportive, dynamic retirement living communities and providing award-winning, innovative and personalised care for our clients and residents. We are passionate about supporting our residents and clients to live fulfilling lives and enable their sense of wellbeing and independence.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Home Care employee reporting to the team leader home care at RSL Lifecare in Lismore NSW.
The ideal candidate for this role would be an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for the provision of high-quality services to Veterans and/ or older Australians.
- To demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the aged person
- To have a working knowledge of quality systems as they relate to the provision of care services
- To be able to accept direction and if necessary, correction and to work as a member of a team
- Demonstrate tolerance, patience and empathy with aged people
- Demonstrate an appreciation and acceptance of different backgrounds and beliefs
- Participate in continuing education both in work and out of work hours as requested and / or directed
- To carry out the duties as described in the enclosed Duties list which may be changed from time to time to accommodate changes to our resident service needs.
- Work within your level of personal ability, seeking assistance and guidance when and where necessary
- Certificate Level III (Aged Care Support Services or equivalent)
Desirable selection criteria for the role includes:
- Experience in caring for the aged within a residential setting
- Community services experience is desirable
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- training and development, and career progression
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
Please email your Resume and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 25/02/2020
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise