Executive General Manager, People and Culture
This is a key senior executive position within an iconic organisation. RSL LifeCare provides care and service to over 7,000 senior Australians and employs over 3,000 staff. We are award winning, university affiliated and with a history of 100 years of caring.
Based at Narrabeen initially and moving to Chatswood in 2019 and reporting to the CEO, this full-time position is a pivotal executive leadership role that will identify and implement strategic initiatives to further develop the organisation, its people and culture as an ‘employer of choice’. This role will be accountable for implementing a business partnering model, an overall customer service philosophy and designing organisational development initiatives to improve organisational capability as well as to attract and retain skilled and engaged people who will allow the organisation to achieve its strategic objectives.
The focus of the position is:
• Lead and coordinate overall strategic direction for People and Culture services;
• Support the CEO and executive by promoting a culture of continuous improvement and
customer service philosophy;
• Function as a key strategic adviser at corporate level in relation to People and Culture;
• Identify trends within the Aged Care sector and develop strategies to capitalise on these for
the benefit of RSL LifeCare and its stakeholders;
• Implement and evaluate an effective Talent Development strategy to support succession
• Ensure that RSL LifeCare’s compliance management systems are effective in relation to the
provision of People and Culture services;
• Alignment with the purpose and values of the organisation.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
• A relevant degree or post graduate degree, or equivalent experience, in human resources
with significant experience (10+ years) in senior People and Culture leadership roles in
• Proven management acumen and a high level understanding of contemporary approaches
to human resource management and business partnering;
• Proven change management experience and capacity to drive major change programs
including new People and Culture service delivery models in a manner consistent with RSL
• Proven track record in effective and timely industrial relations negotiations;
• Strong track record in design and delivery of HR and learning and development programs
and processes aimed at continuously improving the capability and engagement of the
• Aged Care Sector experience desirable but not essential.
Please send your resume to Penelope Joy, Executive Officer – RSL LifeCare via the ‘Apply Now’ button on the right hand side of this page.
Applications close: close of business Monday, 18 February 2019