Cook – Thirlmere
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
Our vision is one of “Continuing in the ANZAC spirit” by developing supportive, dynamic retirement living communities and providing award-winning, innovative and personalised care for our clients and residents. We are passionate about supporting our residents and clients to live fulfilling lives and enable their sense of wellbeing and independence.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced cook reporting to the Catering Officer at Agris Hutrof House, Thirlmere.
The ideal candidate for this role would be an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for the provision of high-quality services to Veterans and/ or older Australians. You will ideally have experience working within aged care, have a positive attitude, a sense of humour and an interest in developing your skills.
The essential selection criteria for the role includes:
- Review and participate in all aspects of the current food operation – cook-fresh
- Preparation and service of meals ensuring nutritious and wholesome food
- Preparation of special meals – low salt, diabetic, soft and pureed
- Preparation and service of meals for functions
- Work in conjunction with the Manager to constantly refine and improve the food service standards
- Compliance with Food Safety Standards to HACCP level
- Knowledge and experience of Food Safety requirements
- Must be available for weekends
Desirable selection criteria for the role includes:
- Experience in caring for the aged within a residential setting
- Previous experience in bulk cooking, preferably in aged care
- To have a working knowledge of quality systems as they relate to the provision of catering services
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
Click on the “Apply Now” Button.
Please note due to a large number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise