Casual Home Care Employee – Mullumbimby and surrounding areas
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Casual Home Care team member to join our team in Ballina covering Alstonville, Ballina, Mullumbimby, Ocean Shores and Byron Bay regions. You will play a key role in supporting our clients to remain living at home, providing a range of supports and services which will support their independence. In this role you will be working remotely, travelling to a variety of our clients to deliver services such as: personal care, social support, domestic assistance, shopping, transportation, meal preparation and respite.
You are someone who:
- thrives on variety,
- is a natural communicator whom is able to build rapport quickly with clients,
- takes pride in their work
- wants to give back by assisting others
- handles technology with ease and
- able to work a variety of shifts Monday to Sunday
Essential Selection Criteria:
- To demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the aged person
- A working knowledge of quality systems as they relate to the provision of care services
- Demonstrate appreciation and acceptance of different backgrounds and beliefs
- Participate in continuing education both in work and out of work hours as requested and / or directed
- Certificate Level III (Aged Care Support Services or equivalent)
- Access to a reliable registered car and valid NSW Licence
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- Training and development, and career progression
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com Applications close: 25 February 2020
**Please note that due to the large number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise