Care Service Employee – Casual – Newcastle
We are seeking enthusiastic people with experience in Aged Care to provide wide range of personal care services to residents.
- Do you have great interpersonal skills and experience in Aged Care?
- Are you looking for a role that makes a difference to people’s lives on a daily basis?
- Would you like to work to in the vibrant town of Newcastle?
- Available and willing to work day, afternoon and night shifts?
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
We enrich veterans and seniors lives and create connected, supportive and vibrant communities. Our goal is to establish RSL LifeCare as the provider of choice for veterans and seniors. Delivering exceptional service to our customers and ensuring our employees have a great place to work.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a care service employee reporting to the Facility Manager – Residential Care at Peter Badcoe VC House, situated in Newcastle.
The ideal candidate for this role would be an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for the provision of high-quality services to Veterans and older Australians.
Selection criteria for the role includes:
- Willingness to undertake Certificate Level III (Aged Care Support Services or equivalent)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the aged person
- To have a working knowledge of quality systems as they relate to the provision of care
- To be able to accept direction and if necessary, correction and to work as a member of a team
- Assist residents with all aspects of care and activities of daily living
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents, relatives and all members of the care team
- Demonstrate tolerance, patience and empathy with aged people
- Demonstrate appreciation and acceptance of divesity
- Participate in continuing education both in work and out of work hours as requested and / or directed
- To carry out the duties as described in the enclosed duties list which may be changed from time to time to accommodate changes to our resident service needs.
- Work within the level of personal ability, seeking assistance and guidance when and where necessary
Desirable selection criteria for the role includes:
- Experience in caring for the aged within a residential setting
- The willingness to participate in Care Support and Services
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
To apply, please use “Apply Now”, include your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise