Building Services Manager
- Full time – 5 days (Monday-Friday)
- RSL ANZAC Village, Narrabeen
RSL LifeCare is a leader in seniors living, providing high quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
Our vision is one of “Continuing in the ANZAC spirit” by developing supportive, dynamic retirement living communities and providing award-winning, innovative and personalised care for our clients and residents.
We are passionate about supporting our residents and clients to live fulfilling lives and enable their sense of well being and independence.
RSL LifeCare has expanded its portfolio of properties significantly in the last 15 years and is now looking to further expand and develop the property and asset management team. We are seeking to employ a Building Services Manager to help take the property management service to the next level.
The ideal candidate for this role would be an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for the provision of high-quality services.
Reporting to the Manager, Asset Management, you will have regional responsibility for a portfolio of properties conducting condition appraisals, planning and implementing works programs and planned preventative maintenance, providing property and asset management advice, assistance to Aged Care and Retirement Village Facility/Village Managers and their site based Maintenance Supervisors. You will also assist with the preparation of site Asset Management Plans and the implementation of a Property and Asset Management information system.
The essential selection criteria for the role includes:
- Highly motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to conduct condition appraisals, and to prepare and track works programs and budgets
- Ability to scope out multi trade works, prepare works briefs/tender documentation, solicit tenders/quotations, prepare tender/quotation recommendations, prepare contract documentation, and manage/supervise contracted works
- Sound knowledge of preventative/routine maintenance of buildings, plant and fixed equipment
- Sound knowledge of workplace health and safety in buildings and construction (including conducting workplace audits), and permit to work systems
- Good communication skills and ability to work with contractors/trades, suppliers, staff and managers at all levels
Possession of a current driver’s licence and a willingness to travel regularly to facilities is an essential part of the role. You might come from a trade background having progressed to foreman or management level, or from a property, facilities management or project management background and possess a solid knowledge of buildings, fixed plant and equipment, site infrastructure, and with works management experience across several trades.
Desirable selection criteria for the role includes
- Experience working in aged care and retirement living
- Experience in working across multiple properties and facilities
- Trade or professional qualifications
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Salary packaging opportunities as a not for profit organisation
- The opportunity to join an organisation that strives to make a genuine positive difference for our clients and residents, our people and our community
- Full time role
- Narrabeen based with a move to St Leonards December 2019
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
To apply please forward your resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria for the role via the Apply Now button.
Applications close: 31 July 2019
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise