Assistant Village Manager – Anzac Village, Narrabeen
- Permanent Full Time
- Anzac Village, Narrabeen
An exciting opportunity for an Assistant Village Manager wanting to work on the beautiful Northern Beaches of Sydney has arisen. The role is full-time Monday to Friday with some flexibility as occasional weekend work may be required.
As Assistant Village Manager you will be assisting with the day to day operations of the Village including the management of staff, residents, visitors and any contractors who are performing services on premises.
The role will suit a “hands on” type person who thrives on building relationships and has strong organisational skills. The Assistant Village Manager will ensure the Village is presented to a high standard and that an engaging community atmosphere is maintained through assisting with organising ongoing entertainment and activities for the residents.
It is important that the Assistant Village Manager will show absolute care and empathy towards the needs of our residents, communicate with genuine care and engage a positive relationship while maintaining professional conduct.
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing quality retirement villages, aged care homes (nursing homes) and personal home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
Our vision is one of “Continuing in the ANZAC spirit” by developing supportive, dynamic retirement living communities and providing award-winning, innovative and personalised care for our clients and residents. We are passionate about supporting our residents and clients to live fulfilling lives and enable their sense of wellbeing and independence.
Essential selection criteria
The ideal applicant will have the following skills and experiences to be a successful Assistant Village Manager:
- Previous experience in a service environment such as a retirement village, education, property, hospitality or aged care
- Strong people management, customer service and sales skills
- Understanding of budget and cost control
- Good communicator with a professional and caring disposition
- Going above and beyond to deliver organisational outcomes
- Has excellent conflict resolution skills with experience in complaints and incidents
- Event organisation experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Publisher
- Knowledge of WHS
Providing an exceptional service to our residents and assisting people to become new residents are the two most important factors for success in this position. For the successful applicant, we can offer:
- Security working for a large, charitable organisation with over 100 years of caring
- Training and ongoing support
- Autonomy in the role where you have the ability to make your mark and utilise your business skills
- Rewarding and challenging career
- Great salary packaging benefits
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
To apply please forward your resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria for the role via the Apply Now button.
Applications close: Sunday 18 August 2019
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise