Allied Health Aide Residential Care – Narrabeen
- Permanent Part-time – 30 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Kokoda Hostel (Residential Care facility), RSL ANZAC Village, Narrabeen
About RSL LifeCare
RSL LifeCare is a leader in senior living, providing quality retirement villages, aged care facilities and home care throughout NSW and the ACT. Proudly serving Australia for over 100 years, RSL LifeCare is a successful and growing not-for profit organisation which began as a haven for war veterans and today is open to all Australians.
The Allied Health Aide works under the supervision of the Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist or any Other Health Professional as assigned; to provide assistance in organising and administering individual and group therapy, including hydrotherapy.
The goal is to provide client choice, decision making and participation when developing therapy programs, whilst acting with integrity and ensuring that therapy practice is of the highest standard.
The ideal candidate for this role would be an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic person with a passion for the provision of high-quality services to Veterans and/ or older Australians. You will have some experience working with older people; have a positive attitude, lots of energy and passion. We are looking for someone who is innovative and prepared to bring new ideas to our comprehensive physical and cognitively stimulating recreation program.
Qualifications: Certificate IV in Allied Health or other appropriate qualifications/experience. Current First Aid Certificate (as required for role) and Current Drivers Licence (as required for the role).
The essential selection criteria for the role includes:
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Written and verbal English literacy skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently as a key team member
- Understanding of the ageing process and an interest in dementia care
- A supportive environment committed to providing excellent care and services to our residents and clients
- Development and career opportunities
- A workplace culture providing care and service to our War Veterans
- Salary sacrifice benefits
As part of the application process you will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and must hold valid Australian work rights/ visa.
To apply, please select “Apply Now”. Please include your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria for the role.
We will review applications as received so please do not hesitate in applying. As a guide, the closing date for this position is Friday 31 January 2020.
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise