General Manager – Veterans’ Services
RSL Lifecare is looking for an exceptional GM – Veterans’ Services to step into this new, key senior executive role. RSL LifeCare is a non-profit organisation providing care to over 6000 residents in NSW and the ACT. It was established more than 100 years ago to support returned veterans of Australia’s armed forces, and their spouses, although it is now open to all members of the community. Today it is a leader in the aged care sector and has $1.5 billion in assets.
Based at Narrabeen initially and moving to St Leonards in 2019 and reporting directly to the COO, this management position works in close consultation and engagement with numerous internal and external stakeholders; and provides high level strategic support and advice on Veterans’ Services and champions the organisation’s purpose with respect to the provision of services for veterans and their families.
The focus of the position is to:
- Oversee the development and delivery of veteran services projects including developing project plans, identifying and coordinating resources, monitoring budgets, and meeting reporting requirements to ensure veteran services project outcomes are achieved on time, on budget, to quality standards and within agreed scope.
- Research, investigate, develop, implement and extend partnerships and networks across the veteran community to understand needs of the veteran population.
- Monitor and evaluate all aspects of project implementation including risk and contingency management, benefits realisation, project impacts, outcomes and measures to ensure success of the veterans’ services project/s.
- In close consultation with the Executive team, monitor the allocation and direct resources to ensure the achievement of strategic veteran services deliverables articulated within relevant work plans and identified projects.
- Maintain effective communication with colleagues to ensure advice provided and decisions made are well informed. Advise on engagement strategies and functions to facilitate understanding of veterans’ requirements.
- Create and maintain processes that foster a culture of veteran services project innovation including a process for trialling, and measuring the effectiveness of, innovative veteran services projects and ideas.
- Liaising with the EGM Compliance, Governance and Risk, ensure appropriate governance and risk frameworks, performance measures, reporting, assessment tools and systems are integrated to track and monitor and report on key performance.
- Promote and map veterans’ services to provide a clear picture of services being provided and where there may be a requirement for developments or new services for veterans. Investigate funding opportunities and develop business cases for new opportunities liaising with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish a network of internal and external stakeholders, to allow for support for partner organisations seeking to work more closely with RSL LifeCare.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the needs of veterans, and connectivity with veterans’ networks in Australia.
- Understanding of DVA, Veterans Services and Ex Service Organisations
- Proven ability to communicate across all levels in an organisation and across organisational boundaries to maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated experience managing service finances, monitoring budgets, controlling costs and reporting
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills and a high level of computer literacy inclusive of MS Office suite
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, align programs and resources to deliver in line with corporate direction and appropriate governance
- Leadership capability to create a positive impact that brings organisational respect and credibility for all veterans’ initiatives
- Ability to act as the primary interface with key stakeholders
- Strong ability to read and interpret relevant legislation, regulations and local policies
Please include your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria for the role via the ‘Apply Now’ button on the right hand side of this page.
Applications close: close of business Friday, 24 May 2019
Download a brochure
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise